365 Projects In 365 Days

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Grandpa

Here is my card and LO for Rachel's "Stash" challenge for this month.

“Percy” Robin Percival Ingram (Norn)

January 28, 1920 – September 3, 1974

Unfortunately I didn’t have the opportunity to know my grandfather. I soooo think I would have been a “grandpa’s girl”.

I have this one picture of him and have collected some information from my mom and Aunt Brenda.

Here is what I have found out so far about him:

He was born in Andrew, Alberta.

His mother passed away during childbirth.

He was 1 of 18 children.

His father left his with their neighbours who raised him. Their last name was Norn.

He was married before he met my grandma. He had 4 daughters and 1 son with his first wife.

He joined the Military on December 28, 1941 and left January 26, 1946.

His Military ID# was M36909-RCEME.

He was in WWII and ended up having a toe shot off.

He then met my grandma in 1951 and they had 4 daughters and 2 sons (Bonnie, Wendy, Brenda, Peggy, Randy and Robin).

He’d have the kids sneak him candy, he was a diabetic and grandma wouldn’t allow him to have candy.

He drove cattle liners for a long time and then went to driving gravel trucks.

He had Pleurisy and had part of him lung removed.

He drank tea.

He smoked Sweet Caporal Cigarettes.

He made and drank Moonshine.

He had a great sense of humour (must be where I get mine from .. lol).

He died of a massive heart attack.

I hope to learn more and start looking into genealogy and working on a family tree in the near future.

On a side note, I have the organ his is playing in the picture in my basement.

TFL

33 - 35 of 365

2 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Awesome job girl!! I love the addition of the spinners to the inky clock! WTGG!
Also very interesting!

darlin said...

Tammy this is fantastic, you do such amazing work! I tried to enlarge the photo just to look at "Grandpa" but being in the desert the internet has a mind of its own and it wouldn't allow me to enlarge... maybe next time it wlll.

Have a fantastic week! Cheers.